Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Okay about the picture – we had only been in West Virginia about 9 months when I took this shot. That day I was truly missing my family so as I stopped to compose the shot, loneliness flooded my very being. In God’s gentle way, He provided peace as scripture replaced the empty lonely feeling. Immediately I knew what the picture would say in my scrapbook journal.

Here’s just a portion of that day’s journeying.

"On this mid-September day, there is a cool breeze rustling through the trees. Everything is quiet except the sounds of nature all around me and the soft click of the camera. Looking at this empty bench, a wave of loneliness sweeps over my soul and the camera captures the emptiness I feel inside. Usually, the girls would be posing with their faces all smiles or arguing "no, just take me; no just me this time." Instead the park bench stands as empty as I feel.

So today I will simply seek Him and wait for His direction. Today, I will take comfort in His Word.

"Be strong. Take courage. Don't be intimidated. Don't give them a second thought because God, your God, is striding ahead of you. He's right there with you. He won't let you down; he won't leave you." De. 31:6 (Message Bible)

Thank you for allowing me to share with you. Don't forget to check out the thought for today in "Pondering Corner". You will see it goes hand in hand with today's post.

Until a later day......

1 comment:

Glad you dropped by. Hope you enjoyed your visit. Please leave a comment. I would love to hear your thoughts, for iron sharpens iron.

May the Lord bless you,
Linda J