Thursday, March 25, 2010

Accepted

Catching a mental glimpse of Esther this morning in prayer set me to thinking. Before I even start to type upon these keys allow me to say, I am not trying to be a theologian this morning. Instead I offer this simple girl’s (my) glimpse at a profound truth.

Many of us know the story of Esther, a young virgin girl that saved her people. Upon being chosen as Queen, Esther had to go through the NORMAL twelve months of beauty treatments before meeting the King. There was six months with oil of myrrh and six months with sweet odors and with other things for the purifying of women. Later in book of Esther we see how the King must lift his golden scepter to give permission for even the Queen to come before him. Appearing before the King without being summoned could mean certain death for her.

Often I ask of the Lord to lift his scepter that I may come before Him. Have I been prepared to appear before the King of Kings? Has my body been soaked in oil of myrrh and sweet odors? Am I without sin (a virgin)? A resounding NO would have to be my answer. But…by the grace of God, instead I come with the blood of His precious son applied to my life. I come clothed in the robe of righteous provided by His son. As I enter the throne of the King of kings, He lifts his scepter and says “you my daughter may come boldly before me today”.

Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16 NKJ

7 comments:

  1. Interesting thoughts! I just finished Beth Moore's study of the book of Esther and I loved it!!! thanks for sharing on something that happens to be dear to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I feel unworthy to come before the Lord (which is most of the time)I remind myself that my Glorious Father in heaven thought me worthy enough to have His Own Son put to death so that I might have eternal life. I try to keep that in mind each time I pray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This gives me a lot to think about as we enter Holy Week. I need to reread the story of Esther. Thanks for the nice post. Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the book of Esther and did an inductive study on the book a few years ago at my church. Isn't it wonderful that Jesus takes us just as we are? Because of Him, we are accepted!

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book of Esther is one of my favorites. Your post was wonderful.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I love the story of Esther. Thank you for sharing these thoughts today.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Glad you dropped by. Hope you enjoyed your visit. Please leave a comment. I would love to hear your thoughts, for iron sharpens iron.

May the Lord bless you,
Linda J