Friday, March 12, 2010

Clap, Mamaw

“Clap, Mamaw clap”….. Rebecca (my granddaughter) loves to sing and dance. She was anything but shy as she entertained the grandparents last Thanksgiving. Singing the ABC song, her eyes wander across the room making sure all are watching her. Upon finishing everyone will clap – well if they know they are to do so. Unaware of the performer rules, I failed to follow the rules. Believe me it didn’t take her but a second to say “clap, Mamaw clap”. If only I had simply did as the others were doing. Clap, clap, “good job Rebecca”….

Yesterday during my prayer time I was worshipping the Lord with song. “I have come into this place to magnify your name and worship you. I have come into this place to magnify your name and worship you. I have come into this place to worship you; oh I worship you Jesus Christ, my Lord…..” The baby’s words came quickly into my head “clap, Mamaw clap”. My heart leaped with joy as I envisioned my Abba Father clapping for me and saying “good job my daughter”.

Okay I know there are now people saying “come on – God smiles and claps for you?” Well there are many things I do not know nor understand about the greatness of God. However the scriptures tells me that He finds delight in us (His children), that we were created for His pleasure, that He wants our love and that He wants us to know Him. One more thought on the matter. Ephesians tells us not to grieve the Holy Spirit. So if we can grieve the Holy Spirit, why could we not bring a smile to Him as we worship?

Psalm 147:10 “His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of a man; the Lord delights in those who fear Him, who put their hope in His unfailing love.”

Revelations 4:11 “You (God) created everything, and it is for your pleasure that they exist and were created!”

Psalm 149:4 “The Lord takes pleasure in His people.”

Hosea 6:6 “I don’t want your sacrifices, I want your love. I don’t want your offerings; I want you to know Me.”

Ephesians 4:30 “And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad you dropped by. Hope you enjoyed your visit. Please leave a comment. I would love to hear your thoughts, for iron sharpens iron.

May the Lord bless you,
Linda J