Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day of Rest

Sunday has to be my favorite day of the week. Going to the house of God, fellowship with other believers and corporate worship brings sweet satisfaction to my needy soul.

After church Donald and I usually go to a nice restaurant. A great meal can only be better when your better half (A.K.A. - husband) is sitting across the table being your captivated audience.

Sunday is also my day of rest – NO HOUSEWORK…. Quiet time spent with God as I look back over my week. Soul searching and prayer fill my mind as I ask God to allow me to be all He has created me to be. I want nothing more nor nothing less than what He has designed for me to be. Oh, that I might walk in His perfect will for my life.

Some see Sunday as the first day of the week. For me it is the last day, the day of rest.

“...so on the seventh day he rested from all his work” Genesis 2:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad you dropped by. Hope you enjoyed your visit. Please leave a comment. I would love to hear your thoughts, for iron sharpens iron.

May the Lord bless you,
Linda J