Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Keep On Holding On

Have you ever felt like you couldn’t go on for another week, another day or perhaps even another minute? Admitting, I have more times than I care to reveal. However, that is when I have found that prayer is the answer to my woes. God tells us to cast our cares on Him for He cares for us. There is no need to go before God as if nothing is wrong – as if you don’t have a care in the world. Quite the contrary, He tells us bring on the problems I’m big enough to handle them. Listen, sisters He already knows ALL about us. Prayer is a way of saying “ok I cannot handle this on my own – Lord I really need you here!”

This morning I just want to urge us to keep on keeping on in faith. Do not let the devil, anyone else or anything else tell you to give up the fight. Fight the good fight of faith. The battle is won – the finish line is in sight and the prize is waiting!

Remember the old Carly Simon song: 
You had better hold on, hold on to what you’ve got
You had better hold on, hold on to what you’ve got

Keep holding on to what you’ve got – the very promise of God. “I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. 12 "When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. 13 "When you come looking for me, you'll find me.” Jeremiah 29:11-13 (The Message)

iFellowship

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the comment "discombobulation" =) I was just stopping by from iFellowship!! What a beautiful blog!! Have a great rest of your day!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping in from iFellowship today. Thank you for the encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete

Glad you dropped by. Hope you enjoyed your visit. Please leave a comment. I would love to hear your thoughts, for iron sharpens iron.

May the Lord bless you,
Linda J