Saturday, July 17, 2010

Shower of God's Presences

rain Pictures, Images and Photos
Don’t you love getting gifts? One Christmas (a long time ago) we gave one of our sons a gift too large to wrap. Not being able to wrap it, we decided to simply send him on a hunt for it. Placing little notes along the way to keep him moving in the right direction turned out to be a delight for both him and us.

Have you ever considered God’s promises as gifts? Not that God hides His promises from us but there are times when we are reading His word and there it is. There is it neatly tucked where we never expected to find it. That’s exactly what happened to me this morning. Just look at this promise…

"But now, listen to me, Jacob my servant, Israel my chosen one. 2 The LORD who made you and helps you says: O Jacob, my servant, do not be afraid. O Israel, my chosen one, do not fear. 3 For I will give you abundant water to quench your thirst and to moisten your parched fields. And I will pour out my Spirit and my blessings on your children. 4 They will thrive like watered grass, like willows on a riverbank.” Isaiah 44:1-4 NLT

Look at this promise. God didn’t say I will give you a sip of water. He said “I will give you abundant (plentiful – enough) water to quench your thirst.” God goes on to promise moisture for our parched fields. Now I don’t know about you but sometimes my fields (my very beings) are parched so badly that only God’s moisture will benefit them. You know those days when you simply must stand under the shower of God’s presences.

Yes, I see the scripture is talking to Jacob. Good news is that we are Abraham’s seed as was Jacob so we are named in this promise. (Galatians 3:28-29) Even if you say God promised Jacob an abundant of water, then keep reading. “And I will pour out my Spirit and my blessings on your children.” Wow, if I am only in that part of the promise then it too is enough. Not only I but my children and my children’s children shall thrive like watered grass and like willows on a riverbank.

This is my promise. This is your promise! Accept it; claim it as your own…

“Abba Father, thank you for making me an heir. Today I claim the promise you gave to Jacob as my own. I claim this promise for my children and my children’s children. Thank you for the living water that quenches our thirst as we drink from your well.”

“There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you be Christ's, then are you Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise”. Galatians 3:28-29 (NKJV)


Be sure to visit Spiritual Sundays hosted by Charlotte and Ginger.

16 comments:

  1. So thankful that I am an heir. I hope you enjoyed the time with your family. Good to see you posting again.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this...I love the video with the water and the hands...I love how the post goes with it and yes yes yes to claiming all He provides..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shower picture is great. It illustrates this post perfectly. What a blessing it is to know that the God of the universe cares this much about his children. Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when I read His Word so personal like that! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glory be to the One Who loves to pour down His blessings. Like what Jesus said, He came to give us life and have it to the full. So grateful that we can enjoy "heaven" even while down here. Thanks to Jesus. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a powerful post….I accept and claim His promise.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Sweet Blessings,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Linda,
    What an amazing post...I love the hands reaching up to the rain...it is so artistic and beautiful...thank you so much for sharing your words and your wisdom...I love it!

    You are welcome to link this up at the link party at I Owe it All to Him, as well...I know people would love to see it.
    Hugs and blessings,
    Cindy
    http://Ioweitalltohim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are scripture that I read often. We are so blessed. Thank-you for such a wonderful post. I love the picture too.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, Beautiful post! All God's promises are true. May I keep that ever in mind! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! I love finding those promise filled nuggets tucked throughout my readings...coincidence...oh no...it's like you wrote...they are gifts from the Lord...to be opened at the appointed times....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love God's abundance and your quotes!

    Prosperity and peace to you!

    love, kelee

    Thank-you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing that beautiful verse. I loved that picture too. Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your post is beautiful. Thank you for stopping by my blog too. I have really enjoyed Spiritual Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for reminding me of this promise! I accept!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. God is good, isn't He? He gives us just the right amount to refresh us. Thank you for this great post!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you dropped by. Hope you enjoyed your visit. Please leave a comment. I would love to hear your thoughts, for iron sharpens iron.

May the Lord bless you,
Linda J