Thursday, July 1, 2010

Let Me Ask You a Question...

Would you want to go back to your old life?

There has been a bump in my road this week; the internet system has been having problems. However it seems we are back up and running now. This morning as I opened my system the emails flooded my inbox. There were so many that I could only read my favorite devotions and the necessary ones.

The first devotion that I read this morning started like this “would you want to go back to your old life?” Wow, what a question. Funny thing is that so often when I find myself in despair or find myself feeling somewhat dirty, I will cry out to God. “Please help me Lord I don’t ever want to go back to my old life.”

Now I don’t know what your old life (before Christ) was like. No matter what it was, I do know with Christ as the center of our lives is better than our best day in sin! I would never want to go back to a life of depression, fear and shame. And I am so thankful that I don’t ever have to go back, my eyes fixed on Christ I vow to move forward!

“So if you're serious about living this new resurrection life with Christ, act like it. Pursue the things over which Christ presides. 2 Don't shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ - that's where the action is. See things from his perspective. 3 Your old life is dead. Your new life, which is your real life - even though invisible to spectators - is with Christ in God. He is your life. 4 When Christ (your real life, remember) shows up again on this earth, you'll show up, too - the real you, the glorious you. Meanwhile, be content with obscurity, like Christ. 5 And that means killing off everything connected with that way of death: sexual promiscuity, impurity, lust, doing whatever you feel like whenever you feel like it, and grabbing whatever attracts your fancy. That's a life shaped by things and feelings instead of by God. 6 It's because of this kind of thing that God is about to explode in anger. 7 It wasn't long ago that you were doing all that stuff and not knowing any better. 8 But you know better now, so make sure it's all gone for good: bad temper, irritability, meanness, profanity, dirty talk. 9 Don't lie to one another. You're done with that old life. It's like a filthy set of ill-fitting clothes you've stripped off and put in the fire. 10 Now you're dressed in a new wardrobe. Every item of your new way of life is custom-made by the Creator, with his label on it. All the old fashions are now obsolete” Colossians 3:1-10 The Message







 Be sure to visit other Thankful Thursday to read what other are thankful for today.

3 comments:

  1. SO thankful for His mercy and lovingkindness! New life in Christ is so much better than the old one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never want to go back to my "old life"! I'm so thankful I have an ever present God by my side..He walks and talks with me!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you dropped by. Hope you enjoyed your visit. Please leave a comment. I would love to hear your thoughts, for iron sharpens iron.

May the Lord bless you,
Linda J