Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Spit Shine


"Often times the metaphor of light is used to describe the way Christ-followers reflect their Creator. The point is that we are to look so different from the rest of the world when we model Christ, that the world wants what we have. In essence, we should be so dazzling that people ask us why we shine." Quote By Lindsay Williams

These words are from my morning devotion which caused me to really take a closer look at myself through the eyes of others. Perhaps, you can join with me this morning in asking yourself these questions that I had to ask myself after reading the words of Lindsay.

Does the world want what they see in my life? Do I have that spit shine that says I have been in the presences of God? Is there a sense of peace that lingered after I have left the room? Am I dazzling people with the love of God working through my life?

Father, on our own, We are nothing but with You, We can be all You have called us to be. Allow us to shine with all brightness in this dark world, bringing hope and encouragement to those in need. Sincerely I ask that we may have peace and joy that others have to ask "why we shine" so we may tell them of YOU, our true Light!

"You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16 NIV

Photo from: http://ubdavid.org/bibleexploration/light-old-testament/light-old-testament_9-3.html


1 comment:

  1. Linda what a wonderful and thought provoking post. The questions..well, needless to say, those went directly to the heart and that is exactly what they should do. The verses in Matthew are some of the first I memorized. I so want to be light..light that shows Jesus. We live in a world where it is easy to shine for many things..I want to shine for Jesus. I hope my life affects others for the kingdom. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you dropped by. Hope you enjoyed your visit. Please leave a comment. I would love to hear your thoughts, for iron sharpens iron.

May the Lord bless you,
Linda J