Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesday Unwrapped - Memories


One of my morning devotional led me to Romans 2:13. “For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.” Romans 2:13 NIV

This picture is one that my brother drew years ago. I have always loved and cherished the drawing for it is one of the few things I have left of my brother. He lost his life in the Viet Nam war.

Looking at the picture I have often wondered why he did not make any marks or words upon the pages of the bible. This morning in my spirit I thought how often we pick up the bible reading, doing our daily duty to Lord, only to leave feeling as empty as these pages. Why? Could it be that during that time we are like the people Paul was speaking to? We hear the word, read the word, and even speak the word to others. Still in our heart, we know there are many things in the WORD we do not obey.

“Reading, hearing and speaking the WORD isn’t enough – we must live it.”

Abba Father, help me to be a doer of your word. Help me not to simply read and leave empty but fill me more today with the knowledge of your love. Please allow me to say as the psalmist said “I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.”



What have you unwrapped today?  Join Emily at Chatting at the Sky

1 comment:

Glad you dropped by. Hope you enjoyed your visit. Please leave a comment. I would love to hear your thoughts, for iron sharpens iron.

May the Lord bless you,
Linda J