Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Come Drink Freely


The woman had came to the well, little did she know who she would meet that day. Her need or want at that moment was to simply fill her water pot and be about her business.  Anyway, why would this Jewish man ask her for a drink?  Then even stranger, say if she had known who he was she would have asked him for a drink. If she had asked (would ask) he would have given her living water...  (John 4:7-10)

As a counselor, I offer hear people say "if only God would speak to me".  So often I have prayed that people would hear the Holy Spirit speaking into their lives. He speaks through His Word, through others, through our circumstances, through our heart's yearning and so many other ways. 

I am reminded today that the Holy Spirit does come to us, wooing and courting us.  In a sense, God makes us yearn for a better way, a better life. 

Let me leave us with two things I believe that God has given me.

"If we are Christ followers, then He is in every part (every place, every step) of our lives. We must simply learn to acknowledge His presence."

And as I said earlier - the Holy Spirit does come to us, wooing and courting us but... He will not force Himself upon us.  Jesus waited to be asked by the woman at the well. Only if we ask Him can we be given the living water. 

An Old saying that we might apply here: 

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

We must choose to both ask and drink what He so freely offers us.


Going to get myself a drink of that Living Water,






Sent from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Yes, wonderful truth about the person and presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives. This week I talked about Romans 8:26 - that great promise that the Holy Spirit utters prayers for us with groanings too deep for words. I am especially thankful for that when I cannot seem to find words to say.

    Joining you in a big drink of Living Water!!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    My name is David Ramos. I am searching for reviewers who might be interested in reading a Christian devotional based on the life of Abraham and came across your blog because you have a similar approach to studying Scripture.

    I'd love to answer any questions you have whether about the book or me.

    In the mean time, here is the Amazon page for the book in case you want to see what it looks like and read the short description: http://amzn.com/B014VHOTMW

    As far as learning about the author, you can take a quick look at my about page: http://www.ramosauthor.com/about

    If you're not interested, or just a have a huge stack of books you're working through right now, no problem, just ignore this email :) But if you are interested please reply back and I will be happy to send you a copy!

    Thank you again. I look forward to hearing back from you. Enjoy your week!

    David

    ReplyDelete

Glad you dropped by. Hope you enjoyed your visit. Please leave a comment. I would love to hear your thoughts, for iron sharpens iron.

May the Lord bless you,
Linda J