Monday, February 4, 2013

The Path


"Above all else, guard your heart, for it affects everything you do. Avoid all perverse talk; stay far from corrupt speech. Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; then stick to the path and stay safe. Don't get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil."  Proverbs 4:20-27 (NLT)

What lies before you?  Are your eyes fixed on the goal or on yesterday's failures?  Have you marked out (set) a straight path for your journey?  Life doesn't always come at us as we would like.  There are always little stones or even pebbles that can cause us to stumble but still we must travel forward in our journey.

As I type this, thoughts from years past flood my senses.  The trip was all planned!  How I was looking forward to travelling with a friend.  We would make our journey to Cleveland, TN.  There we would attend classes to become Commission Chaplains through the Church of God.  Who would have ever guessed that same day a pebble would change all those plans?  One hurried wrong step, one small accident can change the timing and perhaps even a location in your journey but it does not have to change the destination of your dream.  One small pebble, one wrong hurried step brought me a broken hip and lots of down time to think about the path I had chosen.  

Today, I still haven't reached my final destination.  Why you ask?  My final destination is to become all God has created me to be.  There are milestones God has allowed me to reach but the climb isn't over yet.  So I have fixed my eyes on what lies ahead, (the big picture) spending eternity with the love of my life, Jesus Christ.  As my eyes stay fixed on the destination, He sees me through each step  of this earthly journey be they hurried or slow.

Oh by the way, I did accomplish the dream I mentioned.  He has allowed me to accomplish not only that one but many others He had planned for me.

This and another encouraging devotions can be read at Spiritual Sundays 
Playdates With God
The Weekend Brew
 

1 comment:

  1. Linda, you are so right, your post is so similar to mine. My pebble was a fall in December, shattering my right wrist. It has been a long and slow journey back, but keeping my eyes on Jesus has been my only hope. Thank you for sharing this beautiful post.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Glad you dropped by. Hope you enjoyed your visit. Please leave a comment. I would love to hear your thoughts, for iron sharpens iron.

May the Lord bless you,
Linda J